Last updated: December 2,2022
Doc events LLC (”Doc events”, “we” or “us”) acts as a controller of your personal data when processed by Doc events to provide meeting and event services. We respect and protect your privacy and the privacy of those persons (“You”) participating in meetings and events services organized by Doc events on behalf of its clients. This Policy applies to Doc events’ meetings and events and related services, e.g. incentive, leisure and conference services that may be provided to you, including related services on Doc events registration websites and virtual applications that display or link to this Policy (hereinafter collectively, the “Services”).
We encourage you to read this Policy carefully and, in its entirety, as it relates to your rights regarding the processing of your personal data. As a user of our Services, you understand and agree that we collect, use, store, and disclose your personal data in accordance with this Policy.
Our privacy practices vary as they must amongst countries in which we operate to reflect local legal requirements. Doc events complies with applicable data protection laws in the jurisdictions in which it operates in its handling of personal data.
We generally collect Personal Information when you participate in events organized by Doc events for the purpose of providing our Services. You or a third party acting on your behalf may give us your Personal Information by (i) filling in forms or by corresponding with us by mail, phone, email or otherwise in connection to the Services; (ii) directly interacting with us; (iii) interacting with our website at https://www.doc-events.com or through other online applications such as on-line registrations, virtual platforms, or web sites managed by Doc events or by Third Party providers, for the purpose of providing our Services.
Personal data is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you. You, as attendee or user of the Services, may be asked to provide certain personal data when you use our Services, such as:
- Names and contact information (work and home/mobile phone, fax, email, address)
- Emergency contact names and information.
- Attendee preferences and trip/meeting details (e.g. routings, class of service, seat preferences, frequent flyer data, meal preferences, hotel/rail/car and other ground transportation membership data and preferences, special accommodation requests, other personal data voluntarily supplied by you via your profiles, surveys, or other requests);
- Travel documentation (e.g. passport/visa/national id/driver’s license number, TSA number, citizenship, date of birth, gender);
- Social Security number, NPI number, State or Federal License, Professional identification license.
- Payment data (corporate/personal credit cards) and bank information; and
- Login credentials, user IDs, employee IDs, IP addresses, and browsing information.
If you submit any personal data relating to other people in connection with the Services (e.g. if you make a reservation for another individual, or provide an emergency contact), you represent that you have the authority to do so and that you have informed them we will collect, use, store and disclose such personal data in accordance with this Policy.
Processing Personal Information
We may also use your Personal Information to:
- Provide its Services and fulfill its obligations to your Company or Association and attendees (e.g. meeting & event management, complete and administer meeting reservations, assist in managing the travel as well as the meeting, provide reporting and analytics based on the Services, provide notices about your account and the Services, inform you of updates to our websites and applications and other changes to our products or Services).
- Communicate with you or your Company or Association
- Fulfill a request made by you or your Company (e.g. meeting/travel based reporting, questions, booking requests, or other requests about your personal data).
- Carry out our obligations and enforce your, our, or other’s rights as we believe reasonably necessary (e.g. billing and collection, fraud prevention, comply with legal obligations, and respond to legal proceedings or requests from legal authorities and law enforcement or other third parties).
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights provided under applicable laws do not override those interests;
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation arising out of applicable laws.
Personal Information Storage
Doc events may store your Personal Information in its servers, managed internally or by third parties, including without limitation cloud or non-cloud servers, personal computers used by Doc events, including without limitation its employees, agents, representatives, or independent contractors.
Doc events uses appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the personal data Doc events holds on its network and systems from unauthorized access, disclosure, destruction, and alteration. We conduct periodic reviews of our data collection, storage, processing, and security measures to verify we are only collecting, storing, and processing personal data that is required for our Services and to fulfill our contractual obligations. While we make every effort to protect the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant that our security measures will prevent illegal or unauthorized activity related to your personal data. When using our Services, you should be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Although we strive to protect your personal data, we do not warrant the security of any data and information that you transmit to us over the Internet, and you do so at your own risk.
To protect your personal data, we kindly ask you to not send credit card information or other similar sensitive personal data, including special categories of personal data, to us via email or send using a secure-email or portal. We also encourage you to keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person.
If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should log out before leaving a website or service to protect access to your password and personal data from subsequent users. Please alert us immediately if you believe your password or any of your personal data has been misused while using Doc events Services or SaaS (Software as a Service) applications. Please note, we will never ask you to disclose your password or credit card information in an unsolicited phone call or email.
Personal Information Disclosure
Doc events is a global company that provides event management related services and therefore, transferring your personal data internationally is sometime necessary for the provision of our Services. When sharing with or disclosing personal data to other parties, including to Doc events’ related companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, joint ventures, partners, subcontractors, and agents who provide Services and maintain facilities, your personal data may be transferred to countries with data protection laws providing a lower standard of protection for your personal data than your country.
We will transfer your personal data in compliance with applicable data protection laws, including having adequate mechanisms in place to protect your personal data when it is transferred internationally. If you have questions or wish to obtain more information about the international transfer of your personal data or the implemented safeguards, please contact us as provided in this Policy.
Doc events will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties, unless:
- such third parties are providing us with solutions or services in connection with use, processing, collection, or storage of Personal Information.
- Doc events must respond to a subpoena or a request by law enforcement.
Protection of Personal Information
Doc events implements physical, technical, and administrative measures to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of your Personal Information, to ensure the appropriate use of Personal Information, and otherwise safeguard your Personal Information. Our team regularly reviews and improves our security practices to help ensure the integrity and safety of our database and systems where we store Personal Information. These practices may include password protection, granting the access to stored Personal information only to persons working at Doc events or Doc events’ partners who are expressly authorized by Doc events, and other security practices in accordance with appropriate industry standards. Although we make efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of such Personal Information during its transmission or its storage on our servers or systems. There may be factors beyond our control that may result in unauthorized access to or disclosure of Personal Information. Doc events will post a notice on the website at https://www.doc-events.com or will provide the individuals with a prompt notice in the event a material security breach may endanger their privacy or Personal Information.
Personal Data retention
Doc events retains personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law. When determining how long to retain personal data, we take into account the necessity of the personal data for the provision of our Services, applicable laws and regulations, including data protection laws, and our legal obligations. We may retain records to investigate or defend against potential legal claims. When retention of the personal data is no longer necessary, the data will be deleted or aggregated for analytic purposes.
Doc events is committed to protecting the privacy of children as well as adults. Our Services are not designed for, intended to attract, or directed toward children under the age of 18. A parent or guardian, however, may provide Personal Information related to, his or her child who is under the age of 18 in connection to the Services. The parent or guardian assumes full responsibility for ensuring that such Personal Information that he or she provides to us about his or her child is kept secure, and that the information submitted is accurate. Except where otherwise expressly indicated we do not knowingly collect or store any Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child who is under 18 has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will delete such Personal Information within a reasonable time.
You are entitled to the following rights as to your Personal Information. Please note that any right described below applies only to information you provided us in connection to the Services.
- Right to deletion and restriction of processing: you may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information from our systems that: (a) is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed; (b) was collected in relation to processing to which you previously consented, but later withdrew such consent; or (c) was collected in relation to processing activities to which You object, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for our processing. You may also ask to restrict the processing of your Personal Information if one of the foregoing condition applies. If your request is in compliance with one of the foregoing condition for deletion or removal or restriction of processing set forth hereunder, we will comply with your request as soon as reasonably possible.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to receive Personal Information you requested access to hereunder in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right to transfer: you may request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have expressly indicated, your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
Doc events reserves the right to modify this Policy at any time and in any manner at our sole discretion. We will post changes to this Policy, we will update the “last updated” date at the top of the policy.
Doc events LLC
90 Bayard Street
New Brunswick, NJ, 08901, USA
Doc events will respond to your request via the email address you use to exercise your request, the phone number that you have registered with us or we otherwise have on file for you, or any other suitable method. Depending on your request, we may review the request with you and/or your Company to assist in resolving and responding to the request.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern you may have about our use of your personal data. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you may have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority in your country (if one exists in your country).